300 Madison Avenue, PwC Auditorium
SW Corner of 42nd Street
The Sustainable Business Committee of the Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York invites you to Making Green from Green: Cash for Trash.
What if â€œwasteâ€ were a thing of the past? Companies are finding clever ways to convert their waste streams into resources. Upcycling waste to new products. Recycling garbage so it doesnâ€™t end up in landfills. Our panel will explore opportunities and challenges of getting cash for trash and tell us how doing good for the environment is also good business. It is a dirty tale, with a clean outcome.
Colin Beavan, PhD, Executive Director, No Impact Project; international spokesperson on the environment; and author of book and subject of film titled No Impact Man. Colin will sign his book at the reception.
- Albe Zakes, Global VP, Media Relations, TerraCycle, Inc.
- Ian Yolles, Chief Sustainability Officer, Recyclebank
- Justin Green, Founder and Director, Build it Green! NYC
- Resa Dimino, Consultant, recycling and sustainable materials management planning and policy
Exclusive Reception Extras
- Playback Clothing, Build It Green! NYC, Hipcycle, The 4th Bin, IceStone, NYCompost, Wearable Collections
- Experienced executive coaches for valuable ideas and advice, featuring Bill Belknap and Ivy Slater
- e-Waste recycling: Bring small surplus electronics and The 4th Bin will collect and responsibly reycle laptops, cellÂ phones, PDAs, printers, cartridges, pagers, digital cameras, cables, peripherals, household batteries, and MP3 players
- Sustainable local food: Provided by biochef Ula Robertson and At Your Service Catering
Walk-ins also welcome.